Friday, April 4, 2014

Radiance Without An Edge

     The video, Radiance Without An Edge, asks me to try to experimentally remember when I was not by going back in time within my memory and try to recall the moment I went from unconscious to conscious, from non existent to existent, from non being to being.  As expected, I cannot recall that moment. This now raises the question on the possibility of being conscious prior to birth.  I suppose it could be possible, but we will never know for certain.  If we are not aware of the birth of our consciousness, I agree that we will never experience the death of it either.

     I agree with the statement that says that we should fear life and not death.  Life is unexpected and very unpredictable.  It consists of a combination of feelings, experiences, and events, some good and some some bad.  Although, I personally have a bit of fear for both life and death, I do think life is scarier, perhaps because I am conscious about what is going on.  The idea that we should fear the awareness of moving from one level of consciousness to another is eerie to me.  Do I really want to be aware of such a transition?  Perhaps right now I would say no because I do fear death, but at some point in my life I can see myself changing my mind and wanting to be aware of such a transition.  This now leads me to wonder if consciousness continues to exist after we make that transition?  This is one of those questions that will always have different opinions and points of view, but never have a definite and precise answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment