Thursday, April 17, 2014

Extra Credit ~ The Faith of Physical Causes

     I like the way Professor Alexander Astin thinks and for the most part, I agree with his questioning, reasoning, and examples set forth.  It is exactly what I have been trying to say and question on a lot of the readings we have had thus far, especially when it comes to all the details explaining evolution and the validity of beliefs in religion, gods, and God.  I would like to, just for a second, put science and faith aside and only focus on using our logic when asking this question.  If we evolved from apes, why are these mutations not occurring in present times?  How was it possible back then when we didn't have the advances in technology, science, and medicine versus present day when we have an abundance of new knowledge and a great deal of advances in those same fields?  Why aren't these mutations happening in a natural setting as presumed they did in previous times or in a lab?  I suppose there is no real answer to this question or perhaps someone may dare to give a lengthy explanation consisting of incomprehensible verbiage for the sake of having a logical or true answer based on science.

     I am not saying that some mutations may not have occurred, but human beings mutating from apes does not make sense.  I did enjoy reading both sides on this matter because, although my faith is strong, I do keep an open mind about various subjects and I am always open and willing to learn new things.  Our society is very diverse which makes it very interesting to hear the potpourri of ideas and/or opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment